Thames & Hudson Australia is an illustrated book publisher based in Melbourne. We specialise in books on art, photography, architecture, design, gardening and health, as well as children’s picture books. We also have a new but fast-growing list of narrative nonfiction titles spanning history, culture, food, science, memoir and more.
Current employment opportunities are listed below as they arise.
Thames & Hudson Australia welcomes applicants from underrepresented groups in Australian publishing.
Digital Marketing Coordinator
We are looking for a full-time Digital Marketing Coordinator to join our Melbourne office. This role works within the Marketing and Publicity team to support the smooth rollout of digital marketing across owned channels, including website, e-newsletters and social media.
The Digital Marketing Coordinator will have an engaging copywriting ability and a working knowledge of and interest in the social media landscape, email communications and website content. Skills in digital analysis, photography and/or design, particularly across the Adobe creative suite, would be desirable, but for the right candidate training can be offered.
This role has room for skill development and career growth within the team. The role requires a proactive professional ability to multi-task, set priorities and communicate clearly with internal and external partners.
- Planning and implementing the roll out of monthly email, website, content and social media schedules
- Answering customer service enquiries over all owned channels, including website, email and social media, in an efficient and professional manner
- Coordinating and creating written, photographic and video content for digital promotion across all owned channels, including email, website and social media as required
- Assisting with internal Marketing & Publicity queries, activity, mail outs and event coordination as required
- Assist in the creation of marketing campaigns that connect books with readers and range from year-long brand plans to individual title releases
- Collaborate with interdepartmental colleagues to ensure campaigns achieve their best results and establish and maintain good relationships with collaborative partners, booksellers and authors
- Demonstrate an agile approach to planning, and an ability to proactively address challenges and identify solutions
- Communicate with authors and booksellers on digital marketing queries and updates as required
This is a full-time role based in Port Melbourne. The salary for this position will be paid in line with the Book Industry Award for Publicist Level 1 and above, based on the successful applicant’s experience. For more information on the Book Industry Award, please visit https://awardviewer.fwo.gov.au/award/show/MA000078
We welcome applicants from underrepresented groups in Australian publishing.
Please send a CV with covering letter to email@example.com by Wednesday 6 October 2021. Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
Freelance copyeditor, proofreader and indexer applications
We are looking to expand our network of freelance copyeditors, proofreaders and indexers to work across our list. Familiarity with book editing is ideal, but we would consider any editor with relevant experience.
In particular, we’re looking for:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander editors, especially those with expertise in Indigenous arts and culture
- Children’s book editors specialising in science topics
- Children’s picture book editors (fiction)
- Editors, proofreaders and indexers with expertise in the other subjects we publish
Available work includes:
Copyediting and styling manuscripts in Microsoft Word, with attention to voice, tone, grammar and syntax, factual accuracy and style consistency
Proofreading book pages for spelling, grammar and syntax, style consistency and design errors
Click the Apply Now button below to be added to our freelancer database.