Current employment opportunities at Thames & Hudson Australia are listed below as they arise.
Thames & Hudson Australia (October 2019)
12-month maternity leave contract, Melbourne
Thames & Hudson Australia Ltd is Australia’s leading publisher and distributor of high-quality books on the visual arts, architecture, interiors, gardening, fashion, narrative non-fiction, stationery and children’s books.
We’re seeking to hire a creative, organised and dynamic Marketing Manager to oversee title-specific marketing campaigns, wider company brand objectives, and the company’s small communications team for a 12-month period (parental leave role). The role is hands on and requires a combination of strategic planning and grass roots execution.
The marketing manager is responsible for:
- Developing a clear marketing strategy early in the publishing decision process and to deliver on integrated marketing plans for each new title
- Creating innovative campaigns around our key publications, which includes close collaboration with the publishing and sales teams in Australia and a broader network of colleagues internationally.
- Communicating and quantifying results.
- Identifying and targeting key consumer segments including through direct marketing, social media, affiliate marketing and via the T&H website.
- Overseeing the execution of Thames & Hudson’s 2020 brand objectives and strategy.
- Provide marketing insight and advice to the editorial direction, design, and pricing policy/segmentation of all T&H publications
- Engaging with high profile authors and artists
- Overseeing external communications strategies, including website, social media etc.
- End-to-end management of the company-wide marketing budget
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in the publishing industry and hold a relevant tertiary or post-graduate qualification in marketing. They will demonstrate excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills and an ability to work independently, exercise good judgement and balance multiple priorities. The role requires a proactive professional able to multi-task, set priorities and communicate clearly with internal and external partners.
The candidate will possess an aptitude for managing authors while maintaining an astute consumer-marketing focus. A clear knowledge of marketplace, trends and social media strategy is essential.
Please note this is a parental leave role contracted for a period of 12 months. Start date January 2020.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter through to email@example.com by Friday 25 October 2019.