Thames & Hudson Australia is an illustrated book publisher in Melbourne with offices in Sydney, London, Hong Kong, New York and Paris.
We specialise in books on:
- Narrative Non-Fiction
- Children’s Picture Books
Our office and workplace culture is:
- A safe place to learn, grow and thrive
We also offer free on-site parking, industry and skills-based training, optional social activities, generous staff discounts and access to exceptionally beautiful books.
We welcome applicants from underrepresented groups in Australian publishing.
Current employment opportunities are listed below as they arise.
The available positions are:
- Bibliographic Data & Product Assistant
- Sales Coordinator
- Freelance copyeditor, proofreader and indexer applications
Bibliographic Data & Product Assistant
Employment Type: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Melbourne, VIC
We are looking for the newly created postion of Bibliographic Data & Product Assistant to meet the growing demands on our organisation, including:
- the distribution of 2,000+ new titles each year from several different publishers globally
- managing 25,000+ different SKU’s
- a marketi shift from traditional to online retail with changing service requirements
- marketing demands shifting towards online discoverability via SEO, rich meta-data and ONIX
This position supports the growing demands of a rapidly expanding product portfolio in an era of swift digitisation.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Managing Biblio database records across the entire portfolio, including:
- Keywords & SEO
- Pricing and schedule changes
- Controls on multimedia assets
- Population of rich meta data
- Management of data publication schedules
- Synchronising Biblio records with Vista
- Managing Embargos and titles restrictions
- Managing Onix feeds (inbound and outbound)
- Metadata accuracy to enhance the discoverability of our products online
- Managing data records for our own company website
- Supporting Sales Team to maximise sales
- THA Ebooks creation and management on chosen platform
- Managing Stock replenishments and supplier re-orders
- Managing excess inventories and related supplier liaison
- Updating title status based on supplier stock situation reports
- Generating weekly data change reports to keep the business abreast of the changes
- Assisting with logistics liaison
- Supporting sales team with latest shipping details
- Supporting new title acquisition process of distributed publishers
- Analysing sales patterns and inventory demands
- Strong Mathematical understanding of using formulas
- Ensuring pricing uniformity and consistency with international markets
This is a full-time entry-level position that reports to the Product and Operations Manager. It would be advantageous for the applicant to have a university qualification in computer science, statistics, math, or a similar subject and demonstrate an advanced knowledge of Excel and aptitude for computer work. They should have strong communication skills and be comfortable in the principles of data visualisation. Experience in working with large database software would be beneficial and an exceptional attention to detail and data accuracy is crucial.
A strong interest in the publishing industry and the creative arts would also be greatly welcomed.
The salary range for this position is dependent on experience and available upon request. We welcome applicants from underrepresented groups in Australian publishing.
Please send a CV with covering letter to email@example.com by Monday 16 May 2022. Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
Freelance copyeditor, proofreader and indexer applications
We are looking to expand our network of freelance copyeditors, proofreaders and indexers to work across our list. Familiarity with book editing is ideal, but we would consider any editor with relevant experience.
In particular, we’re looking for:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander editors, especially those with expertise in Indigenous arts and culture
- Children’s book editors specialising in science topics
- Children’s picture book editors (fiction)
- Editors, proofreaders and indexers with expertise in the other subjects we publish
Available work includes:
Copyediting and styling manuscripts in Microsoft Word, with attention to voice, tone, grammar and syntax, factual accuracy and style consistency
Proofreading book pages for spelling, grammar and syntax, style consistency and design errors
Click the Apply Now button below to be added to our freelancer database.