An inspirational collection of the world’s most beautiful scenic runs, selected by the editors of cult independent running magazine Like the Wind.
Trail running is as simple as it sounds: just put one foot in front of the other, somewhere unpaved and outdoors. The opportunities it presents are endless, with a wide variety of routes that stretch over mountains, forests and deserts, in hot climates and frigid ones, through some of the most wild and beautiful places on Earth.
Targeted at both novice and experienced runners, this book presents the finest trail-running locations around the world. From the heights of the Alps to the snowy expanses of the Arctic to the jungles of Latin America and the outback Down Under, each destination is brought to life by a different trail runner, showcasing exactly what makes each location so spectacular, as well as providing practical information to keep you moving on the ground. Compiled by the editors of Like the Wind, the first independent running magazine, each run offers an unparalleled experience, while the foreword was written by renowned American ultramarathon runner Dean Karnazes.
As trail-running events assume the popularity and buzz of music festivals – tens of thousands of people run in some of the world’s toughest endurance races – this book offers a passport to exotic places and experiences, on and off the trail, at a time when getting off-grid and alone with yourself has never been more important.
• The Dolomites, Italy: Davide Grazielli
• The Lofoten Islands, Norway: Linda Helland
• The Chamonix Valley, France: Simon Freeman
• Inverie & The Knoydart Peninsula, Scotland: George Bauer
• Corsica, France: Guillaume Peretti
• The Pyrenees, France/Spain: Tobias Mews
• The Kungsleden, Sweden: Anna Gatta
• The Lake District, England: Ricky Lightfoot
• Jura, Switzerland: Julie Freeman
• British Columbia, Canada: Hilary Matheson
• The White Mountains, USA: Stefanie Bishop
• Sedona & Flagstaff, USA: Rob Krar
• Sierra Norte De Oaxaca, Mexico: Emma Latham Phillips
• Patagonia, Chile: Jenna Crawford
• Great Himalaya Trail, Nepal: Lizzy Hawker
• The West MacDonnell Ranges, Northern Territory, Australia: Tom Le Lievre